In order to change lives via hockey, we need your support. We are motivated by our love of hockey and our passion to positively impact the lives of people around the world, but in order to do this funding is necessary. Our mission stretches beyond player development, focusing on education,
social, economic and infrastructural needs of the communities we serve. We harness the life lessons of hockey to empower youth and foster international understanding and cooperation.
It's because of the support of generous individuals and organizations that we have made the following impact in India since 2009:
- 6,500+ pieces of equipment donated
- 2,500+ players coached by 15 volunteer coaches
- 250+ books donated to local schools
- Clinics in 7 cities including Ladakh, Shimla, Delhi, Mumbai & Kochi
- Helped establish the Indian National men’s & women's hockey teams
- Brought Team India to Canada for first time
We are working to build upon this success within India and expand to more countries around the world that are in need of support. Our primary expenses include:
- transporting equipment (each 23kg/50lbs bag of hockey equipment costs $300+ to transport to final donation destination)
- travel expenses (each coach is approximately $2,000)
- basic living expenses for coaches (average daily budget for food and accommodations is $50 per person)
- organizational management & growth
Your donations are tax-deductible as per the IRS. The Hockey Foundation (Hockey Foundation, Inc.) is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity, EIN: 26-4652705.
An easy way to contribute to The Hockey Foundation is via Amazon Smile. For every eligible purchase, Amazon will donate 0.5% to the charity of your choice (in this case, us). It's free to sign-up and will cost you nothing to use.