Guinness Event Materials
Part of the reason we're fundraising for this event is because there are many materials needed to ensure it goes off smoothly and successfully. If you're the type of person who'd rather provide direct, practical support instead of monetary support, then this page is for you! If you are willing/able to purchase these items to donate to The Hockey Foundation, please be sure to let us know by emailing Guinness@hockeyfoundation.org to coordinate delivery. The following items are high priorities for our historic event:
- All Personal Locator Beacons sold by US are pre-programmed with the US country code.
- This PLB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search & Rescue services.
- Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
- Unlike most satellite enabled notification devices, the ACR ResQLink+ PLB requires no monthly or annual subscription, making it one of the most cost effective GPS enabled emergency beacons available for long term use.
Garmin inreach explorer+
This handheld GPS is critical to our event for 3 reasons:
- confirm the altitude of the event to ensure we qualify for the Guinness World Record
- potential navigational needs
- it comes with an emergency SOS rescue beacon that when activated will call in military-grade support/rescue
Satellite wifi hotspot
In addition to the handheld GPS & rescue beacon, we know that 150+ people in a remote part of the Himalayas would feel safer knowing they have a way to contact friends/family in case of an emergency. This satellite wifi hotspot will enable group members to use the wifi on their smartphones in case of emergency.
Philips aed defibrillator
While there has never been a need for a defibrillator to date, we don't want to take any chances for this event and want to be properly prepared for an emergency if need-be.
In addition to a defibrilator, we will have first-aid kits, oxygen tanks and medical professionals on-site.