Are you interested in receiving equipment for your team/organization?
The Hockey Foundation has partnered with Leveling the Playing Field (located in the Washington, DC area) to support in-need hockey players and programs around the US get equipment. Before you fill out this grant request form (at the bottom of the page) to apply for support, please read through the qualifications, process & types of support:
- Your program serves economically disadvantaged children, or children or adults with disabilities
- Your organization operates (or wishes to operate) a hockey program that offers consistent and structured opportunities for play to large groups of children
- The program is intended to provide free or low cost enrichment programs for its participants
- Your athletic activities provide a youth development component. LPF does not support organizations that have a sole focus in “on the ice performance”
There are three simple steps that are required before receiving equipment from LPF:
- Fill out our Grant Application (Below)
- Once LPF staff has reviewed your application, we will schedule a phone call to discuss what we can do to help your program.
- Once your application has been approved, an LPF staff member will set up a time for you to come pickup equipment from our warehouse, or request a wishlist if your equipment needs to be shipped to you. LPF will email you a liability waiver that MUST be turned in when you receive equipment.
Types of Support
In most cases, LPF offers beneficiaries access to our warehouse space. The warehouse is 4000 sq. ft. with roughly a million dollars’ worth of sports equipment available for donation. This service is primarily provided for programs within the DC area (including the Virginia & Maryland communities), however, any program awarded an equipment grant can take advantage of the warehouse if they choose to send a representative.
For programs outside of the DC area, we will ship equipment to your location. The equipment will be free, but the cost of shipping must be covered by the program.
Each program only needs to apply for an equipment grant once. After they are in the system, they do not need to apply again. After the initial meeting, programs can email LPF staff with a date and time to coordinate pickups. Feel free to utilize our resources as often as you please!
Grant Recipients Receive:
- Access to our warehouse space to take equipment on a rolling basis
- A monthly newsletter that includes large items (i.e. ping pong tables, basketball hoops, lacrosse goals) and services that could enhance beneficiary programs
Please Also Note the Following
- LPF staff will inquire about pictures and letters of support from your program to include in social media, grant applications, and reports
- You will receive a survey 6 months after the initial donation to assess the impact that the donation has made on the program as well as provide a testimonial
- Sharing our organization with programs you think would be eligible and benefit from LPF’s services is a great way to communicate our mission to other needy programs!